There is a number of places where you can get a good burger without having to go to a restaurant (as opposed to a fast food joint). My opinion is that Five Guys is one of them.
My American and Canadian readers may probably have heard, if not tried already, the food chain: Five Guys can now be found in 47 states and 6 Canadian provinces. So here is a very quick review of the place.
– You can choose what goes in your burger (choice of toppings)
– The burger is hence made on demand and fresh when you pick it up (you can actually see them being prepared)
– Ingredients are tasty
– Burgers have a good size: not too big, not too small
– One regular fries will be more than enough for two (they are VERY generous with fries)
– Too many fries guys: seriously, we either eat too many of them or have to throw a good portion away. That’s waste of good fries!
– Burgers tend too be a little too fat as far as I’m concerned
– It is a bit expensive: check the pics below (two burgers, 1 regular fries, and two cokes) –> $23.68
All in all, we like this chain and their burgers though and we’ll go back :-)