To all my readers and followers, I want to apologize for such a long time without posting much or anything at all. I really missed you as well as sharing posts and felt bad every time I postponed posting. Yet, I needed some time.
I am back now and hopefully some of you are still out there following me despite this long silence ;-)
Some have nominated me for awards. Thank you so very much. I will accept them in a couple of days once I have returned to regular blogging. I’m always glad to share links with others and to accept and reciprocate such a nice gesture.
I will also resume reading and commenting on your blogs as time permits. I haven’t unfollowed anyone :-)
The following recipe was adapted from a French cookbook, Les Recettes du Mistral. The book is based on a very popular, telenovela-like, French TV series called Plus Belle La Vie. No, I wasn’t an avid follower of the series. I did watch it from time to time though and I have to say it was kind of funny in the way a telenovela can be funny and predictable.
Anyway, this book was interesting for me because it gathers recipes inspired by south of France cuisine.
1. Preheat your oven to 350F.
2. Beat the eggs and sugar until you get a white and fluffy mixture.
3. Add the almond flour and the sliced almonds. Mix well.
4. Add the flour. Mix together. You should get a somehow compact dough. You can add some flour if it is still too liquid.
5. On a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper, form the dough into logs. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
6. Cut the logs into biscotti as soon as you take them out of the oven. Let cool.
Those stay fresh a couple of days and were very yummy. Enjoy!