I am referring to a children game, in France: 1, 2, 3, soleil!
Basically, one player (let’s call him Sam) is facing a wall, and all other players (2 or more) are at a certain distance of this wall. The player in front of the wall, Sam, is facing the wall while saying “1, 2, 3, soleil!” (1, 2, 3, sun!) and at this moment, he turns to face other players.
Other players have to run towards the wall while Sam is still facing it saying “1, 2, 3, soleil !” When Sam has turned and is facing them, they should not be moving and they should be very still. If Sam sees one of the other players moving, this other player should go back at the beginning. The winner is the first among other players who touches the wall and says “soleil !”
Here’s a demonstration (with a LOT of people – hence several Sams):
My 1,2,3… Sunshine is also referring to the awards I received the past week. As mentioned in a previous post, this blog is still very young, started almost a month ago now and it’s been both a pleasure to write, share and read other bloggers. So it is with great appreciation and buckets of thanks that I receive them :-)
First came the Sunshine award, from Janina at Age-defying recipes – Recettes anti-âge (a bilingual blog, which happens to by my mother’s blog too ;-).
The instructions for the award are as follows:
1. Link the award to the person who gave it to you. — Done
2. Answer the questions that come with it. — See below
3. Pass it along to 10 people and let them know they have received it. — There you go!
Here are the questions & my answers:
Favorite number: 7
Favorite Non-alcoholic drink: fresh grapefruit juice
Facebook or Twitter: Facebook
My Passion: Do I have to pick up one? I’ll limit myself to 3 ;-) Reading, cats, cooking
Favorite pattern: snow flakes
Favorite Day of the Week: Tuesday
Favorite Flower: Violet
In no particular order my nominations for The Sunshine Award are:
– Terri’s Kitchen
– Sadie & Dasie
– Back Road Journal
– Mike Osborn Photo
– Food on Fifth
– Charming Trinity
– California Pixie
– Life in the Foothills
~ ~ ~
Then, former New Yorker, now Grenobloise bestowed on me the Versatile Blogger Award.
How I found her blog is a story I won’t share now, but I’d say it’s a lot thanks to mackerel and serendipity! And I’m thankful to both because I really enjoyed reading her posts about a city I have never visited when I was still in France!
Thanks to the Grenobloise for this award :-)
Now for the rules…
1. Thank the person who gave you this award
2. Include a link to their blog
3. Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site
Here are my 15 nominations, in no particular order:
– Rantings of an Amateur Chef
– Homemade Delish
– Travel Photography by Dmitrii Lezine
– Crumpet Kitchen
– Slice of London Life
– Emmy Cooks
– Postcard Intellect
– Cooking in Sens
– The Complete Cookbook
– The Patterned Plate
– In Pursuit of More
4. Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Oooh la la… that’s a lot of stuff.
1 – When we moved from France to America, I brought with me 600kg of books (yes you read right – that’s about 1,300 pounds)
2 – My preference goes to baking (but I love cooking too)
3 – I can’t stand being idle for more than 2 minutes (really – and no I’m not hyperactive, I just can’t stand wasting time, our most scarce resource)
4 – I love avocado as much as chocolate
5 – I want to see the cranberry harvest one day
6 – I love research and writing
7 – I want to learn Japanese one day (hopefully!)
~ ~ ~
Last but not least, I was nominated for the Illuminating Blogger Award by Terri from Terri’s Kitchen. I also really enjoyed reading Terri’s blog since I’ve been following her because she’s an American living and cooking in England and it’s always interesting to read about expats enjoying life in another country. Her blog is full of information and she deserves the Illuminating Blogger Award. And I thank her for nominating my little blog :-)
Now for the rules again:
1. The nominee should visit the award site (http://foodstoriesblog.com/illuminating-blogger-award/) and leave a comment indicating that they have been nominated and by whom. (This step is so important because it’s the only way that we can create a blogroll of award winners).
Will do so as soon as post is published
2. The Nominee should thank the person that nominated them by posting & including a link to their blog.
Thank you, Terri. I really appreciate :-)
3. The Nominee should include a courtesy link back to the official award site (http://foodstoriesblog.com/illuminating-blogger-award/) in their blog post.
4. Share one random thing about yourself in your blog post.
I can’t seem to successfully manage to make caramel :-(
5. Select at least five other bloggers that you enjoy reading their illuminating, informative posts and nominate them for the award.
– Age-defying recipes – Recettes anti-âge — Because her blog is full of useful information on food and each ingredient’s virtues
– Going Dutch — For her posts on Italy (among all the others!)
– anonymoushedonist — I enjoyed reading her beauty products reviews and I like the way she uses humor to do it
– Foodtable // La vie eclectique — Because I particularly enjoyed her San Diego posts
– Ephemeral New York — For taking us on an unusual tour of NYC
6. Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog, including a link to the award site (http://foodstoriesblog.com/illuminating-blogger-award/).
There I go :-)
Thank you very much everyone! It’s been a wonderful month. I hope you’ll keep on enjoying my blog :-)